Friday 8 May 2009

Payback

Well my gloating about lack of flats the other day has come back to bite me on the ass. I had to get cross town yesterday to do an exam, 10min ride no worries, inside the first couple of mins I can hear a sss sss sss, is that my brakes rubbing, no it's a slow-ish puncture, keep riding see how far I can get. I got about another 100yards. Bugger, but still got a spare and spare time. Fix flat (thankfully its front wheel so I don't have to fanny about with chain tension when I put it back on. Fixed I set off, drop off the kerb and Fffsssssswwwssswwww big old flat on the back. Buggeration! Sat outside an office block in the sun fixing my tube cursing glass, thorns, nails and screws lying in the road everywhere. I was only a little late and the exam went OK so I head home, went via bury and walshaw near tottington. Lots of very nice houses round there, they also have a decent 2mile/500ft climb, bit tiring on the pompino, specially after a few days riding. Then a nice swoopy downhill, well it would have been nice if it wasn't for the chewed up road and all the grit and gravel meaning corning was a bit hairy but after a week of duff weather it was a nice afternoon ride home.

No comments: